Work With Us
Amaanah Refugee Services is looking for qualified individuals to be a part of our Team. Positions are either volunteer, salary, or internship.
Lead Teachers for After-School Program
Reports to: Director of Education
Position Overview: Lead Teachers will lead groups of Elementary and Middle School refugee students in academic and creative activities.
Address: 10333 Harwin Dr, Suite 430, Houston 77036
Date: September 18 – December 12
Time: 5:00PM – 7:30PM, Monday-Thursday
Serving: Middle school refugee children
Address: Walnut Bend Elementary School,
10620 Briar Forest Dr, Houston, TX 77042
Date: September 18 – December 12
Time: 2:45PM – 5:50PM, Monday-Thursday
Serving: Elementary school refugee children
- Teach and work with Elementary/Middle School refugee students on Reading/English activities and tutorials
- Lead students in creative enrichment activities
- Help students finish homework with assistance from volunteers
- Effectively utilize the resources and curriculum provided
- Customize activities and lessons for students as needed
- Effectively manage a diverse group of students
- Assess and evaluate the academic needs of each student and create objectives and plan to help them
- Work with and delegate responsibilities to volunteer assistants
- Communicate with Program Administrator and School Teachers
- Help with any other functions of the after school program
- Comply with School and Program policies and procedure
- Make the program fun and positive for students
Attend Orientation & Training on September 12, 2013 4pm
Have to pass HISD background check before beginning
Specific skills/experience requirements:
- Experience working with students
- Experience in Tutoring students
- Enrolled in College or have a BA or higher
- Background in English or Education is a plus
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Time: 20 hours a week starts January 20, 2014 to May 23, 2014
Location/Branch: 10333 Harwin Dr. Suite 675, Houston, TX 77036
This position requires a mature individual who:
- Has some knowledge of the non-profit sector.
- Has some knowledge of the education system in Texas.
- Has some experience with mentoring or teaching children.
- Possesses effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Is dependable, self-motivating, uses time effectively, has high energy and enthusiasm, and is a creative thinker in handling new tasks.
- Can operate a computer and is familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Can effectively use the internet to do research.
- Assisting with management and implementation of the after school programs for refugees (planning, recruitment, training, evaluation, and recognition).
- Suggesting improvements in the programs.
- Conducting research for future programs.
- Assisting with program content development.
- Assisting with marketing and outreach of the programs.
- Conducting analysis on program outcomes.
- Participating in regular office staff meetings and monthly meetings.
- Assisting with special events and fundraising.
Supervision and Resources:
Supervision will be both informal and formal including:
- Weekly meeting with Education Director.
- Exit interview with Education Director upon completion of internship.
Resources available to the intern will be:
- Information on/invitations to professional trainings offered by the agency (Interns may attend free of charge or at same rate as staff).
- Information regarding activities and programs.
Interested candidates please email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org